Determination of ash content:
Our laboratory can determine the ash content of plastic materials by three methods. Especially we use direct ignition: burning the organic compounds on high temperature to constant weight, we determine different materials’ ash content.
- MSZ EN ISO 3451-1
- MSZ EN ISO 3451-4
Determination of the textile-glass and mineral-filler content:
As we use it for the determination of ash content, we ignite the samples to constant of weight.
This method is applicable to the followings:
- prepegs made from yarns, rovings, tapes of fabrics
- SMC, BMC, and DMC moulding compounds
- textile-glass-reinforced thermoplastic moulding materials and granules
- filled or unfilled textile-glass laminates made with thermosetting or thermoplastic resins
This method is not applicable to the followings:
- those containing reinforcements other than textile glass
- those containing materials which do not completely burn off at the test temperature (e.g. based on silicone resin)
- those containing mineral fillers which degrade at temperatures below the minimum calcination temperature.
- MSZ EN ISO 1172